SMALL BUSINESS LAWYER: EMPLOYMENT LAW FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
Swartz Law provides a variety of employment law services to startups and small businesses in Boston, including legal counsel relevant to small business employment and local business. While many emerging and even established small businesses do not need, or have the funds for, full-time legal counsel, the ever increasing and complicated web of employment laws still apply. We have an employment lawyer for small businesses who can provide the advice and guidance you need to have confidence that your workplace is in order. Let us focus on the law so that you can focus on growing your business.
Avoidance. Early Detection. Resolution.
Proactive compliance measures are the best way to avoid employment law disputes and keep your workforce happy. For example, if your business created and developed its own software line, you’ll want to engage an IT consultant and figure out how to license software. Or if your business developed an idea or created an invention, you’ll need to acquire or develop intellectual property, in order to protect your company’s ideas from being stolen by business competitors. If your business has a product, you’ll want a lawyer from a law firm that focuses on commercial law. Alternatively, you may need legal counsel about shareholder and equity agreements, or something more preliminary, such as business formation advice.
When issues do arise, early detection and investigation are crucial to determine the appropriate response and ensure a swift resolution. However, even the most diligent employers will find themselves involved in lawsuits. We seek to resolve matters wherever possible. If litigation becomes necessary, we vigorously defend our clients and work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome.
Employment Law Services
The following are examples of the services our employment law firm provides to small business employers:
- Create and implement workplace policies and procedures and employee handbooks
- Draft, review and negotiate severance and employment contracts, including Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s), Non-Competition Agreements (Non-Competes), Non-Solicitation Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, and Intellectual Property and Inventions Agreements
- Counsel with regard to employee onboarding, misconduct, discipline and termination
- Counsel with regard to medical and disability issues, including leaves of absence and reasonable accommodations
- Conduct internal workplace investigations
- Representation for workplace claims, including discrimination, sexual harassment, hostile work environment, retaliation, wrongful termination, whistleblowing, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), medical and disability, wage and hour, and non-compete litigation
If you are looking for an employment law firm that specializes in small business employment and local business law, contact Swartz Law to schedule a consultation with legal counsel and learn more today. If you are located in Boston, we have local offices ready and standing by with answers to your small business employment legal questions and concerns.
Make Sure Your Business is Covered - Contact a Small Business Attorney
Swartz Law can help your business stay on track. Let us worry about the law so that you can stay focused on your business. Call us at (617) 871-1500 or contact us online by clicking on the button below to schedule a consultation with our experienced Boston employment lawyer.